Please note that these two documents will be pasted below. Copies will be provided in class. Students are to use the requirements for the project as shown, and use a variety of fallacies in their presentations (minimum of five appeals/fallacies).
LOGICAL FALLACY PROJECT
For this project, you will select the media of your choice and create a presentation on the logical
fallacies used in advertising.
1. Select five to ten advertisements directed at a specific audience
2. Identify the target audience for the advertisements
3. Identify the logical fallacies used to deliver the message in each one
4. Identify the message of each advertisement
5. Describe how the message is meant to persuade the target audience
6. Summarize the overall message
7. What does this message say about a particular group in society?
To demonstrate your understanding of the fallacies that surround you
To demonstrate your understanding of the types of fallacies used in advertising (using specific
examples or evidence to support your conclusions)
To analyze the messages delivered through advertisements
To share the responsibility of a group project
Your project will be graded using the following rubric:
Examined the required
number of ads
Clearly identified the
intended audience of the
Accurately identified the
logical fallacies in each
analysis of the message
Provided examples or
evidence to support
Indicated how the
members of society
Presented information in
a clear and concise
Contributed to the group
* If this project is done as a group, full group accountability can be graded.
Copyright 2005 IRA/NCTE. All rights reserved.
ReadWriteThink materials may be reproduced for educational purposes.
Image ©2005 JUPITERIMAGES, and its licensors. All rights reserved.